I am thinking about you. In fact I have always been thinking about you. You have done a lot for me. I have to do something in return for you. You will get it. I shall tell you about the thing I am gonna give you in the end. Before that, I have to tell the world about you and the things you have done.
You, whom I don't wish to mention with a name, have done me the following things!
1) You rarely call me by my name. My parents and relatives had searched for it in a group of long lists of names. Each list had a diverse classification in terms of meanings, family backgrounds, astrology, superstitions, divinity etc., A final list was drafted by my family members and one of them was chosen for me. You ignore their efforts and call me by the words which strike your mind out of nowhere!
2) You take for granted whenever you visit my home. You enter our kitchen and take things from our fridge and eat them. You come into my bedroom and sit on my bed without courtesy. You don't even ask for any permission. You don't have manners!
3) You grab my cell phone whenever you wanted to pass your time.You read my private messages. You browse my private folders. You call whenever you don't have balance in your's. You have never asked me once if you could use my cell phone.
4) You ask me every time to buy things for you. I will get them but you don't even have the courtesy to ask if you should ever repay me. You have never given me back the money which you owe me. Would you even think of paying me back? You always ask me treat for everything. For failing, for scoring centum, for buying a pen, for an accident, for everything.
5) You always terrify me, petrify me, mortify me and stupefy me! When some one mocks me in public, you, Oh you will be the leader of that group. You are always waiting for a strike against me. You will laugh at me whenever I fall down! You will criticize me forever!
6) You have never allowed anyone to scold or ridicule or criticize me. You always tell that you alone have the rights. You think that you can skin me to death but you wouldn't allow others to touch me. You will strike down upon them with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy me.
7) You, oh you stupid, You always ignore me whenever I open my lunch box. You devour it fast as if you are at an eating competition. If I tell you that I am hungry, you will finish it off and give out a loud burp. Then you go out to canteen and stand in line for me and buy my favorite and even feed me.
8) You always care for me. You always think of my welfare. You always scold me for my best. You always worry if I don't text that I reached home. You laugh with me, you laugh for me. You cry with me, you cry for me.You fight with me, you fight for me. You pray with me, you pray for me. You live with me, you live for me.
9) You have always enjoyed my company. You are satisfied just with my presence near you. You always become happy when you see me. You can find me even in a crowd. You can understand my state of mind by just looking at my face. You realize my situation by my mood. You know me more than anyone else.
10) You have always helped me! You always make me laugh when I get moody. You console me when I get depressed. You motivate me whenever I feel demoralized. When I ask you the reason for being with me and helping me always, you reply that I am your friend and there is no need of any reason other than this.
Oh yea! You are my FRIEND. Let me tell that all the above are your qualities, my friend. Be with me always and give me the strength to face my life. You and I are destined to do this forever. I have told in the beginning that I am going to give you something in return for the things you have done.
This is the best gift I could ever give you! I may not have been a great friend for you! But thanks for being there at the other end :)
HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY, MY FRIEND! LOVE YOU!
And yeah! This is called FRIENDSHIP!